Saturday, September 22, 2007

Day 6

Okay - sorry I didn't post for two days - I had my 1st Chinese class on Thursday night (I'm having a hard time learning my numbers, so we'll see if I ever learn anything!) and yesterday I worked late and after a big bowl of chili that Harland made, i was wiped out!

Anyway - Here are the pictures from Delft. It is a village about 1 hour away from Den Haag. I took a train down while Harland worked. I don't really know what things are, so they are mostly just pictures that I thought were visually interesting.

Well that and a yarn shop. ;) Here is the Yarn store. I didn't buy anything there, but it was fun to browse.


And here are some pictures from the village Delft.











Then at night I met back up with Harland for some pancakes at the pancake house. Pancakes are fun and tasty. They are a little thicker than crepes and they are huge and at pancakehouses you can have about 1 of 1 zillion types of toppings. We got pancakes once in Amsterdam and Harland got cherries, ice cream, cherry liquor, and whipped topping. While I had a pancake with Indonesian chicken and peanut sauce. This time around I had ham and egg and cheese while Harland had goulash pancake. I wish I could import a pancake house to here.




And here is the picture of our hotel at night - it is along the boardwalk kind of area. The pancake house we went to was beneath the hotel on the boardwalk.

1 comment:

Susan said...

damn girl! you are making me so hungry!!!!! I might have to make crepes this weekend...