So what do you do when it is cold and rainy outside but don't want to watch any of the movies in your DVD collection?
You make your Hubby bake sugar cookies with you. Hahaha.
He was pretty game (something different than the usual weekend night activities) and we had lots of fun.
The co-chef:

The Rollout:

The Result:

Also I bought some more yarn to start on some Holiday Gifties.

And the Knitpicks podcasts have sucked me in (also the constant internet praise for EZ) and I finally decided to buy a copy of an Elizabeth Zimmerman book. I decided to go with the Knitter's Almanac. I haven't read it through yet but I like her style of writing to you like you were sitting there next to her. I can see why her books are such Classics. I like the December project alot (the Hurry-up Last Minute Sweater) and someday I may make one. Kristina over at Yarnsticks said she would help me through my first sweater in January (the Hourglass Sweater), so I am really excited and can hardly wait. I have been daydreaming about what color to make it. That is the hardest part sometimes. The cotton sweater I started this summer is on hold. I don't like the yarn - it is very hard to work with. But I have not given up on it yet. It's just on hold.
Also in knitting news I made a little gift for Harland's sister. I'll take it with me next time I see her, they are the Armwarmers from Last minute gifts.


1 comment:
great cookies!!! We need to get on the ball at our house!!
nice arm warmers. I always say that I am going to make myself some. As the saying goes... maybe next year.
:)
can't wait to pick out yarn for my hourglass!
Post a Comment