But you know what? It was beautiful. It didn't stick to the ground, nor did it last more than 5 minutes, but there is something about the way snow looks when it falls that breaks my heart (in a good way). They were huge snowflakes.
And tomorrow we're supposed to get our first winter storm. I am much less excited about that because in VA that usually means some kind of ice or something. We'll see. Hopefully it will be pretty pretty snowflakes.
So this weekend we decorated our apartment. I say decorated in a loose term. We have no room for a Christmas tree or anything... but we did put up lights, garland and ornaments. We got the new LED lights and I have to say I love them. They use something like 1/800th of the electricity the normal lights do, and they stay absolutely cold to the touch - which I still find amazing. After 5 hours on - they feel exactly as they did before I turned them on. Here is what it looks like.

As for what else is new - I haven't really been up to much - been knitting on this sweater (my 1st sweater!!!) and it is taking a while because I am a very slow lace knitter. I am not good with the lace and even this simple pattern makes me rip back every so often. Anyway - I am getting there. I can't remember if I posted what it looks like but you can see pictures of the finished version over here. I am making the neck a little lower as I think I would be driven crazy by a turtleneck that tall.

And Happy Hanukkah to all my friends who celebrate! May it be wonderful and peaceful, and I wish you and yours joy and love!!


2 comments:
I LOVE that sweater! What are you using for yarn?
We got our 1st winter storm...it was mostly ice. Yuck!
you poor thing with stupid non-flurry-appreciatin' co-workers - crap! the sweater looks great so far! keep up the good work! and the apt looks mighty festive - I finally found a tree as small as I wanted (actually Andy found it) but I have yet to decorate it - no time! hopefully it will get done today-- right now I'm editing finals so I better get back at it! can't wait to see you!!!!!!!
Post a Comment