Sometimes it does not pay to be cheap. Sometimes it does, but other times it doesn't. So when I bought my yarn for this sweater I bought the amount of yardage needed. Stupid! Stupid! Now I read online that people need more yarn than the pattern calls for and they are out of Cranberry in my lot number.
Anyone have any cranberry lot #87260??
I called Knitpicks, checked Ravelry and Ebay to no avail.
I'm so mad at myself. Usually I buy extra but because we are being super frugal these past 2 years because we are saving money for a house because we live in the most expensive place in the world (or so it seems) AND I bought it at Christmas time when we were already spending hand over fist... I didn't do it. I planned badly and now this.
AUGH! So MAD! At Myself!
Any other ideas of places to look, dear knitting friends? Any friends you know that have any?
Btw, I guess a house is worth even a sweater that might be not quite what I had envisioned, but still. If you like to read about saving tips or finance stuff, I saw this article online today, and the www.stickk.com idea is so far out there I don't even know what to think about it. I don't think it would help me, but I guess some people operate better with fear and pressure!
Basically, the way we save is simple, we just automatically put most of the paychecks into accounts and have it scheduled for every paycheck, and then it isn't like we ever had the money to spend.
P.S. Thank you for all the lovely hand model comments, maybe I am the George Castanza of the knitting world? All I do for upkeep on my nails is this - I use moisturizer when my cuticles are dry and I quit filing my nails a few years back. That's right - when they get scraggly I clip them, straight across. They are a lot stronger that way. Trust me, I was the brittle nail poster child. And now look at me! Beautiful nails (but a little on the dumb side in regards to yarn purchasing, well, maybe not dumb... but maybe a little more frugal than I should have been, I won't make the same mistake twice).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i'm behind as usual, which cranberry yarn is this? if i have it, it will likely be blanketed in white dog hair, just to warn you, but i can check. xoxox
Post a Comment