Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Quick before work post

So I'm on week 5 this week! wow. This week is kinda interesting because every day is different. Today it was walk5, run 5, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5, walk 5. Day 2 will be running 8 minutes at a time with a walk break in between (I don't have the exact schedule here right this second) and day 3 I'll be jogging 20 minutes! I'll believe that when I see it.

The run felt really good today, all last week (even before I irritated my calf) it seemed really hard and I thought, "if 3 and 5 minute runs seem long..." But today I was actually happy while running. It isn't even nice outside! It's cloudy and humid, looks like rain.

But the real reason for this quick post is to say I love the running skirt. I need to get 2 more so I have three to run in during the week. It's comfy and if the bicycle short underneath it ride up a bit, no one knows but me. I know some women runners hate the skirts saying they're trendy or setting women back to when we had to wear skirts for everything, but I say if it covers my thighs and makes me less concerned about people looking at me, I am all for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey... I am a fan of those swim skirts (though I don't have one), so no criticism from me. :)

good for you for keeping up with the running program!!

Susan said...

go running skirts! altho I think they would look weird on me. I can't believe how sucky and blog-neglecty I've become! I'm so sorry - I'm still completely buried with school stuff - about 300% the amount that used to happen at the beg. of sem. at AU, and it is not subsiding yet but I hope as this week progresses it will - granted it's all new and I have 4 big duties I didn't have there in addition to classes (which was partly why I wanted this job, so this isn't really complaining, just temporary overwhelmedness)... anyway I promise I'll catch up/get pooter-regular again soon.