Well, Maybe that is overstating it a little bit. We had a thunderstorm come through at 5 or 6am and since then it has been raining on and off. When I first went to go running, it was pouring, so I sat on the couch for a half hour reading the latest National Geographic magazine before trying again.
The 2nd time was much more successful... it only rained for about 5 minutes on me in the middle of the run.
And I ran all 20 minutes, I am impressed. I thought it would be harder to do but I really have to say the "couch to 5-k" program is solid. I think really the hardest was a while ago when I moved from 3 minutes to 5 minutes running. Since then, everything has been running smoothly (pun not intended, but funny anyway).
Well it is official, our names are up on the register for the Navy Federal Credit Union 5-k. You can see them here. It doesn't seem like that many people are signed up yet, but I am sure that will change soon - I mean it is still more than a month away. There are a lot of people in my age bracket, which is interesting. Maybe the 30-40yr old female crowd plans way ahead.
Speaking of planning ahead, a co-worker has been talking of a half marathon in late winter/early spring. It's intriguing me. I might as well do one, since I'll have plenty of down time when H is away.
After all...
"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired." - Jules Renard
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment