Sunday, August 03, 2008

Hail Storm

So last evening we had a hail storm, it came out of nowhere. It was kind of funny because we were watching October Sky (the movie about the Rocket Boys from West Virginia)and there was a storm in the movie, then all the sudden when they switched scenes I realized it was storming outside our place too!

Anyway, the unmistakable sound of hail hitting our window really caught our attention. It even pelted my poor plants on the porch, which is how windy you can tell it is, they almost never get rained on, even in the fiercest storms.

Here are some pictures I took. The hail started off small but then ended up being about the size of a penny in diameter. Luckily the hail did not ding up our cars. I used my hand as sizing here in the pictures of some hail off our balcony.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is some big hail!!