Friday, March 13, 2009

Daffodils, Blossoms and Flurries?

Well we had a really nice weekend last weekend. The today I waited for the bus in some flurries this morning, and on the way home I also had to wait in flurries. March is a strange month.

Last night was my last watercolor class, which is sad. I signed up for next set, but there are 4 weeks in between. Before class we had a little "banquet" which was really just meeting at the bar nearby. But there was a drawing for prizes, and I won a new brush, and it was a size I didn't have so that was really neat. And when our names were drawn, the teacher gave us an "award title" and mine was 'quickest learner' which made me pretty happy.

Here are my last two class paintings (although as I mentioned, I may be taking the weekend workshop in 2 weeks).

The Purple Forest (yeah I'm not sure why I have been in a purple phase lately). This was a study of negative space.

And the house - practicing shadows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love the forest, especially. Great job! I can see why you got the quickest learner award. :)