Saturday, April 07, 2007

A new post!

Alert the media! A new Post! Holy Cow!

Anyway, I have been knitting dishcloths mostly. In a regular old crazy frenzy of circular dishcloths. Other than that I have not been knitting. It was a rough week here this week. But whew, it is now Saturday so I can relax.

I had to order some new needles this morning (yay Knitpicks!) and so when those get here I will start on SOMEONE's Birthday Present. I am doubting it will be done by her birthday in middle May, but maybe, just maybe I'll get it out on time. I can't post progress pictures here because she is one of my (very few) readers. :)

I've decided I just can't knit presents for people. It's like birthday cards. I am no good at getting it done on time. In fact I still have yet to mail Ms. Amy's birthday present because I need to pack the package better because I am afraid something will break (I knitted in Ceramics, just kidding. But really, her present is breakable). What I knitted her will no longer be useful in Florida, that season has passed... but maybe she can use it next year (hi Amy!).

So I don't know. Hell is paved in good intentions as they say. I guess from now on I should just knit as it comes and goes and not promise anything and then people will be surprised if they get something knitted. I haven't had the chance to knit as much recently due to working and commuting and all that jazz. And sometimes I am tired and don't want to knit at night. It is sad. But true.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend Folks! Hope that you do not get too much snow! We have what looks like about a dusting to a half inch on the grass and the cars, but the pavement is pretty clear. although it is still very grey outside and we may get more. Poor flowers... they all came out earlier this week, and it was 80 degrees on Tuesday!!!

Loves and hugs!

P.S. I know I just ordered them, but I hope my new needles come soon!!!!!!

3 comments:

KBlicious said...

kg, still working on BFF's b-day socks that i started WEEKS ago in worsted weight yarn on size 5 needles. how does that happen?! her b-day was the 28th. i am SO with you on the present thing. i ordered baby yarn DAYS after finding out my girl Toni is preggers, do you think it will matter? hmm? course not. xoxoxoxo

Susan said...

I totally hear you - I used to be the queen of pkgs to all and sundry - now I'm absolutely always late with them - and if you factor in making something for the pkg, fahgettaboutit! I think I'm going to just start making stuff as it occurs to me and then try to save it for an occasion (altho we've talked about that before - usually you're so excited to send the thing to the person you can't wait for their birthday, etc... so I might start sending the things out anyway and just add notes like "This is really for your birthday next ___; it is up to you when you open it but don't forget I get gift credit." just kidding!

Susan said...

omg I can't believe I missed all your comments - I'm sorry and thank you!!! btw did you see the pic of Lucy (about 3 entries ago - it's quite perty of course :) and I finally posted again tonight... altho since we talked a lot lately you've heard a good deal of it already :)