Monday, October 15, 2007

Rounding the bend

Well I will tell you what...
I haven't been sleeping all that well lately...

Which if you know me means I am a complete Grumpy Gus. I can't help it. Everything annoys me when I have more than one bad night's worth of sleep. And now I am working on several. Ugh. This is why (Susan, Tyler, Amy) I haven't called anyone back in days. I'm just no fun right this minute. I have a strategy for sleeping tonight, hopefully it will work.

Anyway - this is a factor in the knitting. I get mad at the knitting easier, faster than normal. In fact when I am not tired I rarely get mad at knitting even when I screw things up royally.

But this weekend I was testy as I made this short row heel. Plus there was one extra YO in the pattern that shouldn't be there (well, I am pretty sure it shouldn't) and so it took a while and three complete frogs of all green heel yarn but I finished the heel tonight. Finally.


Someone asked how big the Stocking is. It is about 6 inches across (as I pictured here for you) and 14 inches length wise right now. A decent sized stocking, although mine when I was a kid was much bigger. On the the other hand this one stretches if you want it too. ;) And it can stretch quite a bit, and I bet if you are not an extremely tight knitter as myself, it would be wider.

So tomorrow begins the beginning of the home stretch. It will probably take me a while, but once I am finished I'll post the totally FO. I imagine a bunch of in progress pictures would be rather boring.

Oh and question for you continental knitters, I'm trying to teach myself how to knit but I keep losing the tension of the yarn when it is in my left hand. This may be due to the fact that my left hand is about as dexterous as my feet (or maybe even less so as I can pick up coins with my toes off the floor, hee hee). But it may be that I am doing something "not quite right".

Any suggestions??

As for me I am off to bed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!!!

I can't believe you are almost done! Great job with the heel. I feel *SO* proud of you! It has been so much fun to watch your knitting skills grow over the past ... year and a half?? Has it been that long?

Want to know the truth? I am in awe of your stranded knitting skills. I think that you are eons ahead of me, in that area. ;)

KBlicious said...

you go with your fair isle knitting self!!!! looking awesome!

as for your left hand, how are you holding the yarn? I have always done Amy's "other way" of holding the yarn, not the "quick way" and it's worked really well for me. Video here

xoxoxoxoxox