Friday, October 12, 2007

What's New Here....

I wish I could say a lot is new here, but I have been busy this week making up the time I took off last week for the Dr. Apt. As for the Dr., if you are following that saga, I still don't know much. They took more blood and I have another apt. in early November. Of course, even with all the tests they are doing this round... there might be more tests in my future. We'll see. Pesky abundance of Platelets!

Anyway, In knitting news... I have to admit I just bought a subscription to Interweave Knits. The 1st issue to arrive will be the winter one, so I am excited about that.

Last weekend I knit some new dishcloths since the ones I made more than a year a go were finally starting to fall apart. Well, that isn't actually a fair statement - Only one was falling apart - which was due to a run in with a knife in the bad part of the sink. Another one I could mend, so it has this cute little orange stitch of repair on it. Perfectionists would probably shudder, but I think it is cute.

Anyway - here is a striped one and another one in the round that I tried to make like a beach ball. I know it is kinda silly - but I have a lot of a little bit of each color yarn so why be plain? It isn't like they will make dish washing any less fun by being funky, right?



It finally actually feels fall-ish out - this week started out crazy with 93 degree weather and ended today with 60 degree weather. You never can tell what it will be like. Maybe I'll knit up some armwarmers for myself from my yarn I bought in the Netherlands.

In other knitting news I have started to knit Harland a stocking. I bought a kit (yarn + full color charts + pattern) from this site I just found online. The yarn smells a little funky (perhaps from the dye) but I love love the pattern so far.

Here is me swifting my red yarn into a ball with the swift my Dear Daddy made (thanks again Dad!).


And here is what I have so far. I'm not terribly far in, but it has been a very busy last two weeks and with the pattern reading and the color changing... I have to pay attention. This doesn't go on the bus commuting with me... this is strict knitting only time knitting.

In the white stripe will go Harland's name once I am done. I wish he had a shorter name.


Here is the website if you are interested in making your own stocking for someone, they have a few patterns with animals and houses and snowmen!
Click here for Annie's Woolens
I'm making the Holly one. They also just have the pattern if you are interested in using your own yarn. I do love the colors of the yarn, they are Christmas-sy without the bright, neonesque Christmas colors you often see in the stores. Anyway the turn around from order to my mailbox was really quick and so far all I have are happy good things to say about all aspects of this order.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!

Look at your knitting! You should be SOOO proud. I am proud of you! That stocking is some serious knitting!

If your dad ever feels the urge to make another swift....

...I'm just sayin'....

:)

Kristin said...

Very nice! I LOVE the stocking!