Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!!

Happy New Year!!
It was touch and go there at 10pm, but we made it til midnight despite our early opening and drinking of the champagne which then made us sleepy. While the view from our apt is not usually all that stunning (on one wall we overlook the highway) it does have certain benefits. One being that at midnight, we heard fireworks - and when we looked out that window, we saw three or four different firework displays going on. Probably one in Dulles, one in Manassas and maybe one in Centreville... I am not sure. But it was pretty to see them all, and in the comfort of our warm house.

Yesterday we bought me some new contacts. Now I can see again, hahaha. The mall was crazily crowded. The mail we had stopped came yesterday so we had a backlog of Christmas cards in there. Thanks to all who sent some! While I didn't drop the ball entirely - I didn't send out as many as usual, so now I have to send out a few more for people whose addresses I misplaced.

We had a delish dinner at Red Lobster - my work had given me a gift certificate for a Holiday present. And we spent the evening watching episodes of "Futurama" from my DVDs. It was a good low key evening.

I'm already starting on my goal to get back in shape and lose more weight in 2008 - I went to the gym already this morning. But I can't help but think of my leftovers in the fridge for lunch... hahaha. I am hoping to maybe go for a walk or hike later today - we'll see how lazy I feel later today - I wish I had another week off from work! Although it is a comfort to know that there is only 2 days of work before Jeans day (Friday). Whew.

I wish all of you a wonderful New Year's Day and I send out all the best of wishes to you for 2008.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I got your message - I was sleeping off and on the whole eve - just barely had enough sudafed and tylenol (plus 3 cokes - yikes!) to get back to Auburn the next day - I'm feeling mostly better but still pooped and periodically congested - so no gym for me yet dangit!! just lots of sleep and finally starting to do a few of the things I couldn't do all week - paid bills last night, finally got back online, gearing up to start revising the syllabus - luckily I'm not changing any of the assignments, etc., but I have to change all the dates and there's some fine-tuning to be done to the absence policy so that there are still fewer gaps for all the irresponsable SS to squeeze thru :) you know how it goes...