I think I could have made it with three balls of yarn, except my yarn, facing the indignity of being made into a beginner's shawl decided to commit suicide instead and hung itself. This is my second skein of yarn to suddenly become so entangled I have to stop knitting. This time I was under pressure so I didn't undo the whole skein from the outside in and re-ball it like I did the orange skein earlier this week. I just cut it off an started a new one.
So here is the Suicide yarn:

Here is the finished product, which I admit does not look all that different from this morning's shot.

And here is me in it. (pardon the T-shirt) - and even worse, I now see how much the mirror needs cleaning. Eww. In my defense I live in Barracks and this mirror is one of the least gross points of the room, trust me. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a nicer shot of myself in this shawl and I will replace this one. :)

I am worried, however that it looks like what it is - my first shawl and it isn't good enough for the dining out. I guess we shall see.
Anyway, here is where I got the idea of the pattern, at Lion's Brand Yarnalthough I warn you I find their site very hard to decipher. I kinda guessed on one part and I am not sure I did it right...Also they use way bulkier yarn and you can see mine is longer in the back yet covers less of my arms. It is just the way my yarn worked with this pattern, I think. Or I could have read it slightly wrong. :) And I didn't use any of the edging like they have.
Well I had better sew in my yarn ends.
Happy Knitting.


No comments:
Post a Comment