Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Yesterday's news!

Well I was lazy in all senses of the word yesterday so I never posted these. I finally finished my first spa facecloth. It took a lot longer than I thought it would - three nights worth of work. I think maybe because of the stitch I used? I do not like the color variation of this yarn, but it was the only cotton yarn I had lying around this place, and I wanted to do a prototype before I ordered cotton yarn to make some more. I made it in moss stich, and it came out rather well. I like the weight of it, it is nice and heavy, yet fairly soft. So I think these will make great little gifts to give to people. So I ordered some more cotton yarn to make them in prettier colors.

Here is the picture of the facecloth.


Here is a picture of the binding off, which is impressive only because it is my first bind off where I had to switch between binding off in knit and purl. Every other binding off I have done so far has been only in knit. So this is relatively exciting to little beginner me. :)


Also I frogged the coworker basket weave scarf. I will make her something else. I started to not like it and really hate working on it. I am eventually going to turn this yarn into a hat for a baby with the Afghans for Afghans program. As soon as I get those double pointed needles I ordered yesterday in the mail. (hey, I had to buy 25 dollars worth to get free shipping, don't look at me like that! I had Holiday Present yarn to order.)

Here is the scarf before frogging...


Right now I am working on a lace scarf. I am not sure how I like it, and as soon as I have a few more rows I will take a picture and add it to the site. i am still working on adding more to the side ----->.

No comments: