Wednesday, March 29, 2006

sock still in progress

okay so I have been working on my "practice sock"... and things were looking ugly.
See - the ugly.
The reason it was so ugly is I kept messing up the part where you switch needles on a purl.

The side I switched with a knit came out good.


But eventually I figured out what I was doing wrong and my ribbing came out better. So that is a relief. I left the mistakes in though, because I wanted to try making the rest of the sock.

Last night I got to the heel turning point. It is amazing you can make a heel out of yarn without really doing anything fancy, it is like magic! MAGIC! All of the sudden, right in front of your very eyes is this:


Very cool. I think I may finish the sock tonight. Whee!
Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Lookin' great!
Glad you got the rib thing worked out, I've heard that happens to some people, I can have a horrible time with ladders when my yarn or needles decide to disagree with me, I'm still rather new at knitting socks myself. Sometimes tugging the yarn tight on the first 3 stitches of each needle helps ladders, or knitting off the first stitch or two of the next needle before starting on it with the empty one to rotate the stitches helps when it doesn't make you lose your place. (did that make any sense? lol!

I'm having a different sort of trouble with my toe up socks, so they're sitting in time out till they'll be good.