Friday, March 24, 2006

DPNs - Not as hard as you think

I believe that should be the new slogan for Double Pointed Needles. Not as hard as it looks! I was amazed at how tricky they look, but that they were not so difficult to use. I started on a pair of size 6s today with some worsted weight yarn. Yes, the same yarn I always seem to use, in my beloved orange wool.

I am planning on making a baby hat and booties for Afhgans for Afghans, a charity knitting group that makes items for people in Afghanistan. You can find out more information about this group if you click on the button over in the right hand side of your screen.

And really I want to get into sock making because they are small, easily protable, and everyone likes socks. But that will be another day's adventure. I feel just getting started on some DPNs is exciting enough for one day. And also I decided I need to really work on one project at a time.

So here are my 1st four stiches!


And here is a (blurry, sorry) shot of what I have right now.

Rock on!

No comments: