Are you looking for a small project to knit?
Or do you have some leftover 100% wool yarn you don't know what to do with?
Do you want to feel good after knitting?
Consider knitting for the organization afghans for Afghans. They need children's items by October 12th. (They must have moved back the date, because last week I wrote down September 21st ont he top of my pattern). They need blankets, hats, mittens, socks, sweaters, and vests for youth ages 7-14.
Check out what they need over Here at the Current Campaign Site

Think you don't have enough time? I started this last night and I already have one mitten done and am working on a second mitten. That is one night in front of the TV and two bus trips later... And I am a fairly slow knitter, y'all.
Just think of the difference you could make with a night or two of knitting! I put the sock I was working on away and have decided to dedicate until September 30th all my knitting time to knitting for this group.
One of my New Year's resolutions was to volunteer more an donate what I could, and this is really a win-win-win... get rid of some yarn that is taking up room, get rid of my stress by knitting (from moving and all), all the while of getting rid of some bad karma while helping others! What could be better?? Why, you joining me of course!


No comments:
Post a Comment