So maybe you roasted a chicken and now want something to do with the leftovers?
Here's my made up chicken recipe, inspired by some yummy chicken salad I used to get at Auburn at social events (it was really the best thing on the catered menu, they used to serve in on croissants, don't even let me start counting the calories in that!)
Jessica's Pretty Lazy Chicken Salad Recipe
Ingredients:
cooked chicken
mayonnaise (lowfat, nonfat, or vegan okay!)
1 stalk celery
1 handful red grapes
fresh ground pepper
fresh rosemary
dash of garlic powder
Directions:
Cut all the grapes in half. Dice the celery stalk to itty bitty pieces. Chop up the chicken. Mix everything together. Eat! Pat belly in pleasure!
I know, I know. Grapes you are thinking. Trust me and try it!! With the rosemary and the grapes you get a nice sweet yet savory salad. Sometimes I go crazy and add some curry powder!
I know, I know - Nonfat mayonnaise??!?!?!?!?! I admit it is weird to me too. I mean isn't the whole point of mayonnaise is that is is merely made of oil and eggs?? But right now since we all know I am trying to lose weight out came the non-fat mayo. And it doesn't ruin the chicken salad at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
omg boy are you making me hungry lately!!!! re: my sam pix post and your comment, that is the coolest - too bad there's not a baguette and some cafe au lait in the background! OMG OMG OMG I hope that quilt gets there today or I might lose my mind! :)
Post a Comment