
This weekend I went to visit my most of family who were staying in Ocean City, MD. My family goes every year. This year it was 2/3 of my Uncle Johns (all my uncles are named John it is very handy to my husband who doesn't have to keep track of their names. Like-wise I'm lucky on my in-law side I get to call all his uncles Su-su which means 'uncle' in Chinese), my aunt Joanne, my parents and my Grandpa. I'd show you a picture but somehow I forgot to take a group shot (maybe because everyone else was doing so!!).
But I did take some pictures of some sock drama (which, it is really hard to get sock drama in less than 3 days - but I managed somehow).
At first the sock was doing well. Enjoying vacation. Enjoying the view of the beach (even the cold temperatures didn't bother the sock, as it is made of a wool-cotton blend).

But then chaos happened as it started to rain on the vacationers, so too a gloom descended on the sock. (but how much gloom can you have, even when raining on vacation if there are cool kites that look like flamingos?)

The yarn, not carefully wound into a ball - but merely used straight from the skein - TANGLED! Into a horrible mess! And the more it was tried to untangle the sock yarn, the worse it became.

The tangled web that was wove continued into the night...

And even came home from vacation that way (even with my little homemade bobbin out of paper towel there was no hope!). But Luckily today it was finally untangled - after a few days of craziness - it was a very happy ending. I even got to knit on it a little bit tonight.

P.S. If you ever find yourself on a Metro Bus or a Metro Subway car and you want a seat to yourself, take out a ball of tangled yarn with some half done knitting attached on one end. For some reason no one wanted to sit next to me today. Maybe they were concerned they would become entangled in this mess and not be able to get off at their stop?


1 comment:
that is a riot!!! I'm glad it got untangled and I agree about the kites... lololololol you are killing me :)
Post a Comment