But right when we came home I realized we had no desert (as we were away and did no shopping) but luckily I had some cherries (tart cherries which I can not find in the grocery stores around here) from my Mom. She froze a few batches for me (in convenient 4 cups packages, perfect for pie) from their backyard tree.

So here is the pie... and a close-up of my decoration. Please do not point out that I mis-wove my lattice and one piece is wrong. I know. I just couldn't fix it because of the hot pie filling. So while I had enough energy to make pie, now my energy is gone and I have to go fold and put away my laundry. But I promise to show you lots of Pittsburgh pictures during the week.


2 comments:
The pie looks yummy. I love the hearts on top.
omg that is the cutest pie I've ever seen!!! (good thing cherry pie doesn't taste like cherry medicine!) :) and on an unrelated note... I can't believe how far behind I am on my VIFK(aH)-reading. doh!
Post a Comment