Well we ran the 5K this AM! It was chilly! 53 degrees at 9am at the start! Yikes - Hello Fall, you're a few days early!!
We both beat our goals by a few mere seconds... but that is what matters, right?!
Harland's goal was to be 19 minutes and he did! Harland came in 2nd in his age group (actually he tied for 1st time-wise, I'm not sure what they use the tie breaker, I'm assuming it went alphabetical by last name since the other dude's last name was Bui and if you look at the official list Bui came in 7th overall and Harland came in 5th overall...) But who really wants a trophy to collect dust anyway? Harland is happy with his 18:46 chip time and a $25 gift certificate to Famous Dave's BBQ. We haven't been there, so it will be a nice evening out one night. He's also listed as one of the Men's leaders on the main page! Click here to see how wonderful he did!! Really, I'm gushing, I'm so proud of my dear hubby!!!
And in less speedy news, I beat my old running times. Here is the link if you forgot about them. I beat my time of 40 minutes - which I admit doesn't seem like much to the average person who runs a 10 minute mile. I had a side stitch at mile 2 and had to walk a few minutes, so I really think I could do better. (I usually don't eat before I run but I talked myself into eating a half a banana an hour before the race, I guess I'll have to work on that). I made it at 39:43 chip time. Which is 24 seconds faster than my older official time! I still have it in my head my fastest time was 36:35, but that could have been an unofficial course and actually shorter than a real 5K. A girl needs goals in her life so that is the time to beat in my next 5K.
The race itself was pretty good - they say there were over 500 runners/walkers. Running strollers are allowed and kids are also allowed so it is a great family race. There is also a lot of random drawings for fun items (I won some coffee) and they had granola bars, bagels, bananas, gatorade, donuts and bread for snacks afterward. The t-shirt is yellow and very pretty (and way too big, I got a Large and H. got a medium and they're both huge on us. I figured I might need a large as runners are kinda small, but I tell you this looks like an XL. I think I may end up snagging his medium, hee hee). There were also prizes for people whose 1st race it was, and prizes for kids. So it was pretty fun for a local race!! Come visit me next Sept. and we'll run it.
The only sad part might be that H. didn't see me finish! Oh well. I did a little sprint at the end and passed like 10 people - haha!
So that was the race. I hope to schedule another one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Wow! Great running... both of you!!! I wish we lived closer and I could do races with you.
Glad you both did well. It sounds like H. should have won. The fix was in for Bui.
Post a Comment