Sunday, September 21, 2008

Race Update

I posted my race info below (if you haven't gotten there yet) and click here for the article from the Washington Running Report.

I forgot to tell you that we had a new type of time measuring device. Rather than those heavy chips that you have to return, they have a new ChronoTrack(click here for image) which is a light paper loop, kinda like a hospital bracelet. It starts off as a paper strip on your bib, you peel it off and put it in your shoe laces. It makes a "D" shape with the round loop facing up. There is a small chip in it, but you can't feel the weight of it on your shoe at all, and it doesn't flop around.

I hope more races go to this kind of system. It's worry-free! You don't have to worry about taking it off your shoe and remembering to return it to the bin, or worrying about what if yours gets lost somehow because you'll have to pay to replace it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool tracking device!
Sounds like a much better system.