Thursday, September 04, 2008

Let's go Bucs!

Okay for some reason, Pirates fans do not yell "Let's go piiiiii-raaaates". They yell "Let's go Bucs!". It confused me for a second since I used to live in Tampa, a city that had a Buccaneers team. Where "Let's go Bucs" made a little more sense to me.

But I'm charmed by the PNC Park.
It's beautiful.
Unfortunately they lost the game by a large margin. No one likes to see the home team lose. Poor Pirates.

Anyway, Here I am getting my head crushed by a statue!

And here is the view of our hotel (that building with a hole in the middle) From across the bridge. As a place to stay to see a game, it was excellent. Literally all you do is walk out the door and cross the bridge and you are there!! Very nice.

The evening was perfect for a ball game. Nice and cool with a soft breeze off the rivers.

Also the boats going by makes for interesting viewing no matter what your team is doing on the field.

*****BLOG NEWS UPDATE*****
And in Breaking Blog News I have very interesting news about my spider from the other week. My friend Tricia told me it is a WOLF SPIDER. And those ugly bumps? They're the way the spider takes care of its young! Each bump is a baby spider! Eww!!! Just thought you needed to know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to plan a baseball trip to Pittsburgh for next year. Nick told me that it was a good trip, but he didn't have any pictures. Your pictures have sold me on it.

Jessica said...

We had a really nice time. I can't say enough good things about downtown Pittsburgh.

Susan said...

we used to have wolf spiders in AZ but I never saw bumpy ones - guess they were 'xpectin' :) hey! looking back at your Manassas post made me remember - whenever you visit, Cowpens Battlefield isn't super far, in case you'd like to cross some more battlefields off your list! :)