*********************************************************************
Pattern:
You will need less than 1 ball of sport weight yarn for this project.
1. Using size 3 needles, cast on 56 stiches.
2. Garter stich until slightly bigger than your ID card.
3. Bind off 28 stiches
4. Taper off by knitting together the very last two stiches of every row until left with one stitch. Pull yarn trhough loop and secure.
5. Then fold over, sew bottom and side of bag. Use a brooch to hold the bag closed.
**********************************************************************
Is this using short rows to shape? I am unclear of what short rows are, still.
Anyway, it only took a couple of hours (4 I think) and it kept me busy so I didn't worry as much about the Dining Out. [using up yarn you don't really like $3. Brooch 10,000won. Total cost $14, not worrying about dining out all day, priceless] I used such small needles because a. I had them and they are new - so why not try them out and b. because I wanted it to be thick enough that no one could see in the bag (for certain time of the month products).
Here are some pictures...
Here is after I bound off half the stiches (which was hard, I had to use a saftey pin to hook the stich to pull it over the other stich because they were so small)

Here is the bag finished and open.

And here is the front


3 comments:
Susan, please note all my needles and pins and measuring tape are in a Ginger Altoid Tin. They certainly didn't last long here.
aHA! just when I was trying to think of more fun things to put in your pkg! Thank you!!! and by the way very very fun baglet :) I love the pin on there especially! you rock!
The pin is great because a. it holds it closed and b. it covers a slight mistake I made!
Yay for covering mistakes with pretty things!
Post a Comment