
I worked on a lace project and I really don't like the way lace looks. I mean, I like lace items other people make, but I can not get my head around liking my own. So I think I will put it in a bin and wait utnil the lace mood strikes me again.
The yarn looks grayer in this picture than it does in purple. It is beautiful yarn - Alpaca Cloud by knitpicks.


2 comments:
Have you blocked any of your own lace?
Blocking works wonders! Go to http://moxieblossom.blogspot.com and scroll down a little ways and check out the before and after on her Knitting Olympics Charlotte's Web shawl and you'll see what I mean! (the unblocked picture is in the entry below the finished version).
Try a large swatch of your own, block it and then decide!
Thanks! I did go to her site, what a beautiful charlotte's web shawl. And the idea of hanging it up is fabulous!! I always thought about making a multi colored shawl or a fancy lace one like your flower petal but I rarely wear them.
Thank you for your lace encouragement. After the socks, I will go back and try some more.
Post a Comment