Right now I am starting a basketweave scarf. Here is a website that has some great pictures of the pattern.crazy aunt purl's magic scarf pattern
I am thinking of making this for one of my new co-workers. It seems pretty simple, and it looks like it will knit up quick, which is a plus. Also it looks much more complicated than it is - which impresses non-knitters. I have all this leftover yarn from the Secret Susan Project which will be revealed in May when her birthday arrives. Probably most people's gifts will be revealed on this blog way before they get them, but since Susan actually reads this blog every once and a while, I have to keep hers off of here.
Plus I have to do something while waiting for the yarn that is in transit from the States to me. I want it here NOW. Actually though, I am glad I live over here - for I have this idea if I was close to a yarn store everytime I saw a cool pattern I would want to knit, I would be dashing off and buying the yarn for it before finishing the stuff I was working on.
In this new box of yarn coming, I have the yarn for three Holiday gifts. Therefore I will not allow myself to buy more yarn until I have made these three gifts.
Sometimes you have to lay down the law... to yourself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
i'm going to just going to wait here until I get another message.... from myself.
-KB
You might have to wait quite a bit.
Love to my KB!
Post a Comment