Friday, July 13, 2007

The Mouse in my house

Okay some of you know about the mouse. You know, the one a few weeks ago I wished would just go away and not come back? Well, it hasn't gone away. Mouse is still here.

So the apt. people put down poison, in three weeks it hasn't eaten it. I complained and they put down glue traps! which I think are horribly inhumane (in fact many states have banned them). I could not bear the thought of a live mouse being stuck in this thing panicking until we find it then we have to kill it or throw it away alive, which just freaks me out to no end. It's basically torture. Some mice even rip off fur or skin trying to get out or actually do get out ripping things.

But the mouse has to go, they carry diseases and buggies and all kinds of nasty things. And he is living in the kitchen. Every morning I tell him he better leave. But he hasn't listened.

So we set some old fashioned traps. He ate the peanut butter off of them. He just mocks us.

Anyone has any hints? Tricks? Advice? Sympathy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aren't you moving? THAT is the best solution. :)

I HATE MICE. HATE, HATE, HATE them.
HATE.

Seven years in our last house and we never once had mice. I am terrified of what we will have in the rental come winter.

In one of the places we lived, there was a mouse that used to go into our bird's cage at night and eat the birdseed! I can't even begin to tell you how that made me feel.

Despite how much I HATE mice, I do agree that sticky traps are just wrong.