Saturday, August 18, 2007

FO Friday post, 5.75 hours late

Good morning. It is 5:40 am as I type this. On a Saturday. I did that thing where you are dreaming about something, and then you hear a noise and you wake up thinking "there is a robber right in this very room!!" But it is just that you knocked a pillow or something off the bed onto something that made a noise. But in your sleepy haze, the body has already dispatched the adrenaline so - now, you can not fall asleep again. This doesn't happen very often with me, but I think it is going around, because earlier this week Harland did the same thing!

But anyway - I finished the other sock (in a week, I can hardly believe it! I mean it is a really simple pattern, but wow! I have never finished a sock in that short of time before!)

So anyway here are their stats.
needles: KnitPicks size 1 circular (16 inch)
yarn: Socks that Rock in Watermelon
Pattern: 'Made up' of K2P2 ribbing for the ankle and down the front, regular "French" round heel, and 3 point star toes from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.

It's my first 'made up' sock pattern. If you count K2P2 to be inventive. Haha. But it was fun selecting what kind of heel and what kind of toe.

So here they are in all their glory.


Here is me modeling them at 11:11pm last night (truly they were a Friday FO but I wanted to go to bed instead of post). I like how the pooling at the bottom of the ankle/top of the gusset is radically different in color on each sock. I don't know why that tickles me so much but it does.




And here is a close up of the toe. I love the star toes.


But I am thinking of trying the next pair as toe-ups. Dear KB is doing a really fun pair of toe-ups over here on his blog. And I have to admit, I really want to try these socks, over at Wendy Knits. The Cabletini Socks. Bless her she has published the sock pattern for FREE.

2 comments:

Susan said...

woo hoo!!! what rockin' socks!! in fact I can only think of one other pair In The World which is superior.... :) tee hee

KBlicious said...

these are too freakin cute!!!! i too love the pooling! and i can so relate to that wake up adrenaline thing! i thought that was just me!!! usually mine is a poisonous spider crawling across my body/under my sheets... i have also had the robber/rapist at my open bedroom door one too. sorry for you, but thrilled to know i'm not alone.

toe-ups are the way to go as far as i'm concerned, but Judy's Magic Cast-on is *the* technique for the toes. super fun too!