One of the main reasons we went to the Pittsburgh area is because I've wanted to go see
Fallingwater for years and years. It is on my must do list. I don't know if you heard about the guy who co-authored the book
"100 things to do before you die" passed away last week (he only got about 50 done, poor guy), so I think he would appreciate me crossing something off my own list. I decided on the day he died to make up my own list of things I wanted to do. I'm not making all of mine travel destinations... because, well, that is too expensive. It sounds really simple to do, but it it taking me a while to come up with 100. When I get the list done I intend to post it on my blog. I'm including a few things I have done that I wanted to do since I was little, like see Fallingwater and the Grand Canyon. Otherwise I might never get many crossed off my list! Hahaha.
Anyway, The pictures of Fallingwater do not do it justice. It is a remarkable building and touring the inside is amazing.
Frank Llyod Wright was just a genius with little details. But we didn't pony up the extra cash to take a tour that you can take photos on the inside. Even the regular tour that we took was about 1 hour or 1.5 hours (I couldn't keep track).
Anyway, I'm going to stop chit chatting and give you what you want - the photos!! I took roughly 1 billion photos, but here are some of the best ones.




2 comments:
We just visited Fallingwater last weekend. It was beautiful! We took some photos and my 10-year-old daughter wrote about it on my blog. I'm hoping she and my other daughter will always remember this visit.
This is probably the part I'm most jealous about... FW is not that far from Cleve and yet Dean and I never did get it crossed off our weekend-outings list. Alas... So beautiful and your pix rock as usual!
Post a Comment