Here is a WWII Era Poster from the Red Cross.

Here is the picture of my completed sock!

Here it is on my foot! Yeah! It is hard to photograph your own foot, by the way.

And here is an action shot of it on the ground.

I know I know, so many pictures. Obviously I am quite impressed with it. I am actually impressed I could make it at all!! I used Silver's online Sock Class. The link is over there in my links section. I recommend it for people making their first socks. And I also recommend using worsted weight yarn and size 6 DPNs for your first sock because 1. It will go faster which is encouraging 2. It is easier to see what you are doing than with sock yarn.
Now, One to make one for the other foot!
Cheers!


6 comments:
you should be a hand model when you come back to the States if you can't figure out what you want to do - seriously! :) (I can't write w/o exclamation points today - not such a bad thing - think it's because I actually got that huge WooLI mailing done last night instead of dragging it out all week/end like I used to always do. Crazy - personal growth at 43? boggles the mind... Seriously tho think about the hand model thing, I think you could make huge bucks!
PS it goes without saying that your sock is really really fun - I had already said so on your other blog but in case you look here first and think "how come she didn't say anything about my really really fun sock?!" I thought I better reiterate. :)
A hand model, hmmm.
Maybe I can get one of those hand saving bubbles like in Zoolander so nothing happens to it. :)
Thanks for the compliments, though!
Congrats on getting the WLI thing done, now you are free as a bird for a few days.
whoo - hoo!
Dear QVC,
My friend says I have nice hands. Can you hire me to model your rings? I promise not to hit my assistant with my cell phone.
Love,
Jessica
*cheers* awesome!
Wow, I could almost hear the mission impossible theme playing when I looked at that sock in action. ;-)
Hi Jessica
Thanks for visiting my blog. Your sock look great. Love the color.
I have only been knitting socks one year, and I don't post pictures of the ugly ones :D And believe me I am no great shakes at it. I still make mistakes and have to frog. One of the best tips I ever got, was to put a lifeline after you finish the ribbing. That way if the pattern goes bad, you don't have to do the ribbing over again. Ribbing is not my favorite thing to do. I sometimes put a lifeline in when I finish the leg and before the heel flap. Cause I find it hard to pick up 64 tiny stitches on size 1 needle. Easier to frog to the lifeline.
When you start knitting with sock yarn, you will understand why I rather do a bit of pattern in my socks. Yards of Ss stitch lead to a state of coma for me :D
Thanks again :)
Suzann
Post a Comment