We went to Burke Lake this morning. Click here for their website.
It is a nice little park with a huge man made lake. It looks a lot prettier in person than the picture on their website. It has a dirt/gravel path all the way around the lake which is about 5 miles or so. You can bike, run, canoe, kayak, etc. there. There is a playground for kids, and volleyball courts too. Also there is a little fitness trail and a nature trail. It's free for Fairfax County residents.
Almost the whole 5 mile path is in shade. Burke Lake Park is one of the 10 best fitness trails in the nation, According the Hiking Assoc. of America. It was really a nice morning, not too hot outside. There were a lot of a runner there along the path. Harland and I just walked.
I highly recommend it and I bet we'll go again soon.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That sounds like a place that my family would LOVE. I don't dare click on the link and look at the pictures. I might cry from jealousy.
yay walking! yay park! yay new pants!! yay mouse-free kitchen! your idea of taking a quilt pic on your bed is good if I don't get something else to work first :) I think I'm going to try to find a clean patch of lawn somewhere on campus and spread it out, hoping for an overcast day... we'll see.
Post a Comment