Monday, July 23, 2007

I'm Back!!

Some of you know that I was heading for all parts west for a long weekend. I got back last evening. I didn't want to advertise on the blog when I was going in case someone wanted to rob us. Of course all they would get would be some fine kitchen gadgets (like my favorite orange spatula) and some yarn. Not even that much yarn. :)

Anyway, we flew out to Los Angeles and then rode to Las Vegas then took a trip to the Skywalk at the Grand Canyon. Now I can add a few more states to the list since I have never been to Nevada or Arizona before.

Okay, so the trip may take a few days by blog so bear with me and know that the next week will be picture laden. Okay - so first stop - LA to see Harland's grandmother (in the middle).


(yes I realize this is a picture of my Chinese side of the family in a Japanese restaurant. Grandma likes sushi, what can I say?)

The next day we drove to Vegas.

Here is a picture of the road on the way. Pretty boring really. And HOT. The hottest it got along the way was 119 degrees. But that is hot enough for me. I actually have alot more pictures of the drive there... but I'll spare you. Just imagine variations on this theme.

Our hotel was the first place you really come to that looks Vegas-like. Off to the left there is Southpoint. It was a pretty good hotel, very clean, has movie theater, bowling alley, equestrian center etc. But it charges for the fitness room. Which I think is stupid. It's the only negative thing I have to say about it. It even has a pool that has chilled water in it, so it is refreshing.


That night we went to Bellagio and saw the fountains:



And inside they have really cool glass sculptures... and long stem roses that are about 5 feet long. Holy cow, I have never seen roses like that.

And this is Paris Hotel that I took out of the car window, right when Harland's Dad started to drive, but I kept the picture because it looks kinda cool.

And here is a picture of the Luxor that I took when we were in a traffic jam. You can see the taillights of a car driving the opposite way... which I thought was a neat touch.


And that is all for tonight folks... Harland has to get up at a ridiculous hour all week this week for some training he has to go to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! Did you miss your knitting?

Susan said...

sounds like Grandma Yu (unless she's on the other side of H's clan) and I would get along just fine! (sushi) those glass sculptures are amazing - they remind me of Chihuly