Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy (30th) Birthday to me!



Okay so I've been 30 for over a day now, and it's not so bad.

So far.

I had a lovely weekend, we went to my parents and had a nice relaxing time. We went to Lancaster, PA for a while (H. had never been there) and we also went to Millersville University (where I got my undergrad) and walked around. It was in between summer sessions so it was pretty dead. But it hasn't changed as much - which is nice.

Then my dear parents took us out to dinner, and then afterwards we went and played some mini-golf which I really enjoy and don't get to do very often. There is a really nice mini-golf course near my parents' house.

I didn't win, (Dad did) but it was a decent 2nd place. Then came cake time, which is personally my favorite time on birthdays.


Dad played a little trick and got some trick candles... the kind that keep lighting over and over again.

But joke was on him - see all the smoke? The smoke alarm went off.

Note that we are drinking champagne with our cake. Now that is what I call a birthday. If you know me at all you know I am a lover of champagne.

So it was a good time, we even had a chance to pick black raspberries this morning before I left... and I think right now I'm going to eat some of the fruit of my labors. Quite literally. Tomorrow I'll post some knitting news. My aunt Patty has stated I haven't been posting enough, and so I'm going to step it up a little. :)

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday!!

KBlicious said...

i'm so glad you had such a nice birthday!!!! i LOVE Lancaster!!!! I haven't been there in FOREVER. Soon we'll be 30 together, you've given me hope for the 30s. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! A very late happy birthday to you! Glad you had a nice day. :)

30 is a great age. I think my 30's are SO much better than my 20's (even if I do whine on my blog...)